Four positions are opened to join a fully funded 4-year innovative research program to work at the interface between biology and other scientific disciplines. This program comprises a pre-doctoral rotation year followed by a 3-year PhD.
The pre-doctoral year will consist in a rotational assignment of 3 consecutive missions of approximately 3 months each, in 3 separate laboratories of the Institut de Biologie Paris-Seine or Institut du Fer à Moulin on 3 different research projects. The selected candidates will have to write a short report at the end of each mission. This pre-doctoral year will provide the future doctoral students with a better scientific maturity and a good knowledge of the available interdisciplinary research projects available to do their PhD.
During that year, the selected candidates will also have the opportunity to follow courses at Sorbonne University as auditors to acquire or deepen their skills in specific biological fields or in other scientific disciplines, and to benefit from the professional trainings listed in the catalog of Sorbonne University.
The pre-doctoral contracts will be awarded for the year 2023-2024, under an employment contract with Sorbonne University with a salary equivalent to that of a doctoral contract.
At the end of the pre-doctoral year, provided that the 3 research missions have been validated by an ad hoc committee, selected candidates will benefit from a 3-year i-Bio PhD contract starting as of October 1, 2024, without any additional evaluation step. They will choose their PhD project among those proposed by the 3 laboratories where they performed their rotation.
Additionally, i-Bio PhD students will benefit from a variety of educational programs, top quality research facilities, training initiatives, international partnerships and conferences. They will also benefit from a financial support allowing them to buy personal equipments, register for conferences or carry out missions abroad.
- At the Paris-Seine Biology institute, or the Fer à Moulin institute in Paris, affiliated with Sorbonne University.
- Starting October 15th 2023, for 4 years
- 1-year pre-doctoral experience with 3 successive rotational assignments of 3 months each, in 3 separate labs, starting October 15th 2023
- 3-year PhD on one of the three projects, chosen at the end of the pre-doctoral year, starting October 1st 2024
- List of pre-doctoral + PhD projects HERE.
- Students of any nationality holding a Master degree or equivalent
- Individuals highly motivated to work at the interface between biology and other disciplines
- Backgrounds in biology, chemistry, computational biology, engineering, mathematics or physics
- Candidates fill in the application form by March 16th 2023 at 4 pm (UTC+1)
The call is closed
- 1st round selection: evaluation of applications by the i-Bio Executive Committee
- 2nd round selection: mid-May 2023, shortlisted candidates will be invited for a video-interview by a Selection Committee composed of scientific experts and representatives of the Doctoral Schools.
Final results will be communicated by the end of May 2023.